EDIT posts

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lee W 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Abiel
    Keymaster

Somebody did mention in the chatroom that edit posts is not enabled for users. If this is the case, please add /edit to your post URL in order to edit it, while we work on this. This only works for the post author.

UPDATE; edit timeout has been changed from 5 minutes to 60 minutes…

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  Abiel.

Jason H.
    Participant

Oh, good to know.

Lee W
    Participant

The ability to edit IS there, it just disappears from the post after x amount of time. I’m not sure what amount that is, though. For example, I just looked at a thread I started several days ago. I cannot edit the first post, but I CAN still edit a reply that I made a couple of minutes ago.

Robert H

I believe the default setting is for the edit button to expire after 15 minutes. Lee, what happens when you add /edit to an older post. Can you still edit? Thanks.

Lee W
    Participant

The post just above that I made at 6:18pm EST is no longer editable. It is now 8:57pm. EST. I did originally think it was longer than 15 minutes, but now that I really think about it, the edits that I’ve made were immediately after posting, thus within 15 min.

Robert H

Lee, the edit timeout has been changed from 5 minutes to 60 minutes.

Lee W
    Participant

Awesome. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.